Shrink wrapping?

Aug 31, 2022
Is this what shrink wrapping looks like???
IMG_20220831_125114296.jpg
IMG_20220831_125052679.jpg

What is your humidity at? How is the duckling acting? Is it opening and closing its bill at all?
Other than the concerning color and closeness the membrane is to the duckling, the duckling is acting fine lots of noise good movement with the bill opening and closing. There is a good amount of water in the with the temp at 37.3c so the humidity shouldn't have issues. I did take out a duckling back at 7am this morning but only had it open half way long enough to grab the duckling and I added more hot water to the trays at the same time.

Did the duckling chip all the shell off or are you assisting ?
When was the first external pip made ?
Looks like babies beak is by the opening so it’s able to breath
Im
Not seeing it shrink wrapped as that’s when the membrane sucks around the baby that looks loose ( a good thing )
I have removed babies many times and never ever had a shrink wrap happen
I’m like you quick and nothing drops dramatically

Did the duckling chip all the shell off or are you assisting ?
When was the first external pip made ?
Looks like babies beak is by the opening so it’s able to breath
Im
Not seeing it shrink wrapped as that’s when the membrane sucks around the baby that looks loose ( a good thing )
I have removed babies many times and never ever had a shrink wrap happen
I’m like you quick and nothing drops dramatically
If the baby itself makes a big hole in one spot over 24 hours and doesn’t start to make a zip line it usually is stuck and needs help
If you have chipped the shell away then baby may still make its zip
External to hatch can take 24-48 hours depending on how big the air cell was. If it’s a small air cell they will have to external pip faster then normal to get air but take longer to hatch from that pip
If it’s a normal air cell it may take 24 ish hours if it’s a really large air cell they may not external pip for awhile as I had one do this summer
He external then hatched in 8 hours but had a large air cell he could stay in longer then most can

Back
Top Bottom