Siana from Uzbekistan is here

Welcome to the club Siana! Your JG is a beauty. It sounds like you are wanting a good dual purpose bird. I am sure you will find good advice from fellow club chicken members who are experienced on that topic.
Thank you very much! Lots of dual purpose breeds out there but not in Uzbekistan, sadly. My best bet now is Australorp. The advice I will need is how to get the most with the limited resources I have... will start a thread later.

Why thank you, that was just after I built that pen for my geese (who didn't want it) so it's not quite as clean now 😄

The red ones are Buckeyes.

Ah, I see, thank you! Of course, Maran are black with red necks... we don't have them here, so I am forgetting. And the Buckeyes are a complete news to me; I have looked them up and they seem to be a fantastic breed!

Ah, I see, thank you! Of course, Maran are black with red necks... we don't have them here, so I am forgetting. And the Buckeyes are a complete news to me; I have looked them up and they seem to be a fantastic breed!

I also have a Black Copper Maran who's really something, fast like a basketball player, and a real flyer who lays small dark brown eggs. My Buckeyes are my favorites though.

I also have a Black Copper Maran who's really something, fast like a basketball player, and a real flyer who lays small dark brown eggs. My Buckeyes are my favorites though.
So many amazing breeds out there! The Maran is a beauty, but I have a feeling that I would love Buckeyes.

This year I am testing Australorp. People recently started importing them to my country. What irks me is that they are mostly seen as decorative birds here, and people try to import the most visually striking strains, many from Romanian show breeders. I hope they can still lay and gain weight. We'll see.

So many amazing breeds out there! The Maran is a beauty, but I have a feeling that I would love Buckeyes.

This year I am testing Australorp. People recently started importing them to my country. What irks me is that they are mostly seen as decorative birds here, and people try to import the most visually striking strains, many from Romanian show breeders. I hope they can still lay and gain weight. We'll see.
I hope you can find some Buckeyes they really have great personalities. I'm not sure if you have access to Indian breeds, but if there was one I could import from the East, it would be the Parrot Beak Asil.

Back
Top Bottom