Sick Ayam Cemani 🙁 please advise

Cocohens

Chirping
May 14, 2020
Hi 👋
My ayam cemani has become sick the past 2 days. She is usually the first one to run over for feed in the morning and always running about. She is very listless and not eating. Her crop is empty & seems to be off balance a bit. I have separated her and put her in a mini chicken hospital with water & some watery bread. Can anyone advise me on what else I can do? Her poo is watery and dark brown/green.

What do you feed your bird? Is it hot? Could she have found something moldy?
It has been warm here recently for the UK. Food is kept in my cool garage, and I checked it just incase and defo not mouldy. All my hens free range, and it’s usually just their feed, whatever they peck at and occasional cucumber treats. I wormed them all recently, and have given them all a once over for mites. All clear? Thanks for your help

It has been warm here recently for the UK. Food is kept in my cool garage, and I checked it just incase and defo not mouldy. All my hens free range, and it’s usually just their feed, whatever they peck at and occasional cucumber treats. I wormed them all recently, and have given them all a once over for mites. All clear? Thanks for your help
OK, so green poops are from not eating. She could be vitamin deficient, if she's getting less than a full formulated feed ration, try giving her some poultry vitamins in scrambled eggs. If you don't have poultry vitamins, you can give 1 gel capsule of 400 i.u vitamin E and a B complex people vitamin. Is she old enough to lay and has she been laying?

OK, so green poops are from not eating. She could be vitamin deficient, if she's getting less than a full formulated feed ration, try giving her some poultry vitamins in scrambled eggs. If you don't have poultry vitamins, you can give 1 gel capsule of 400 i.u vitamin E and a B complex people vitamin. Is she old enough to lay and has she been laying?
Yes, she’s just under 3 years old. So she’s been laying for a good few years now. I will get some get some poultry vitamins for her tomorrow and hope they help. Thanks so much 👍

Back
Top Bottom