Sick chicken, drooling?

ivoryhoof farm

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 17, 2008
PHX, AZ
Can't find any info on this one, he is just laying there, I think dying, doesn't want anyone near him hi s eyes are open, but he is drooling? Is it too late?

How does his comb look, colorwise? Has he been eating? When did he fall ill? Does he feel very light? How is his breathing, labored, wheezing? Just trying to get a little more info. I sure hope he is ok.

His breathing is labored, his eyes are open, he's making some weird noises, and drooling a lot, and just laying there. I think he may have a fever. Earlier today his one wing looked odd so thats why I've been looking out for him. He is about 4 months old I believe he's a roo.

Thanks for responding
sad.png

This doesnt sound good. What kind of noises, weird breathing noises or his own voice,like moaning in pain? Is his comb bright red or pale pink or blueish? Has he pooped lately that you can tell me what they look like? Could he have gotten into something poisonous today?

Hmmm having some issues like this too (see my post).

My guys have been lethargic, just laying there with eyes closed, sometimes open if someone quacks or makes noise.. light feeling (body wise).. no drool though. Comb color is still a nice pink, but not eating or drinking, and definitely not walking.

After thinking about it for a couple minutes here, I think he ate something toxic to him. There may be no saving him at this point. It is so hard to diagnose over the computer with just words going back and forth.

Eating something toxic would cause him to go limp, legs, wings, and neck. He would not be able to swallow well and mucous would gather in his beak and he would in essance, drool.

The only thing that could be done in a case of eating something toxic is to give fresh water, do a molassis flush or an epsom salt flush. These flushes would require you to use a syringe and fill his crop with the mixture and then just wait and hope he passes whatever is ailing him.

Again, this is only my best guess at this point, I am not a doctor nor can one properly diagnose over the computer. If there is anything else you can share about his condition, please do so.

The sounds are almost like fluid in the lungs, or a snoring sound at a fast pace. His comb is red, his eyes are wide open, he is laying with this butt up in the air. His beak has black stuff on it. (my daughter just mentioned that)
His poop was small and white. He is refusing food and water and yogurt. He may have he is free range.
Thanks!

About the flush, do you just sick the shringe in his mouth?
We will try it thank you so much!

.....and Mockingbird girl, when ours act like that accept they NEVER not eat or drink though, it is because it is so bloody hot here in PHX. I'll read up on your post. I wish you the best.

I think I may have found it! Could he have eaten a tiny toad? We have recently found some little toads hopping around, could they be toxic to them like dogs?

Back
Top Bottom