Sick chicken

loriem

Chirping
May 1, 2016
western pennsylvania
Have a chicken with droopy back end, puffy feathers, yellow diahrea, lethargy, won’t eat or drink. I had a guinea got sick and died the day before. I have separated her. Feeding her antibiotic water with eye dropper. Cooking scrambled egg and have got a couple bits in her that she swallowed. Any other ideas on how to help her?

The ongoing chicken saga. I have been soaking whole wheat bread in the antibiotic water and getting that in her. She was eating a bit on her own but then stopped. Still hand feeding and watering her. But the day after my post another got sick. She’s in house now too. Luckily she’s eating on her own and today she started drinking on her way own.

You may want to go check everywhere your chicken's have been—find what they're eating, pooping, bathing in, etc. To have that many chickens go sick is not a good thing. If it's something you can prevent the others from getting, that is just as critical as taking care of the ones that are already sick! Even if it's just a contagious sickness going around, you need to get to the bottom of it!

You may want to go check everywhere your chicken's have been—find what they're eating, pooping, bathing in, etc. To have that many chickens go sick is not a good thing. If it's something you can prevent the others from getting, that is just as critical as taking care of the ones that are already sick! Even if it's just a contagious sickness going around, you need to get to the bottom of it!
I am clueless. Everything looks good. The other girls all seem fine. I have 22 more out there. They are all happy and healthy but keeping close eye

Back
Top Bottom