Sick Chicken?

xR0YALx

Hatching
May 22, 2024
My gf and I had bought some baby chicks around 2 months ago and they’ve all been very healthy except one up until yesterday. I had gone to see them to change their bedding and give them some crickets when I seen that one of our Silkies had their head drooping and was very inactive so I decided to drop a few crickets in to see if it would chase them and nothing. It stayed in one place and would try to peck at a cricket if it came nearby, but wouldn’t chase after as it’s done before. Now, today I went to check up on them and to see if it was doing any better and it was sleeping along with the other chicks. A few of them woke up and when the sick one did it kind of jumped back, got stiff and went back to walking around lazily. Its head doesn’t droop at all anymore aside from the one time I saw it and water and food are changed daily. Sorry for the long post and thank you!

At first, I was thinking wry neck, but putting that aside for now, Silkies tend to suffer from vitamin deficiencies more so than other breeds.

I would try giving them all some Poultry Cell in their water every other day for about a week and see if that helps the one improve.
They should still be getting starter/grower feed as well until they are at least 4-5 months old, or laying eggs.

Back
Top Bottom