Sick chicken?

wantbantams

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 14, 2012
My husband and I just purchased a LB Brahma at the Ohio National 2012. She is so beautiful and we love her dearly. BUT...she has a bit of a cough. I did not really know about it and she has been introduced to my flock already. She is getting along really well, and then my husband said that she was coughing outside. I was concerned and pulled her inside with our inside chicken.

So I have been watching her for over 1 week and she is still coughing (it almost sounds like a bark) She is eating and drinking very well. She has a full crop as we speak. She is getting along with the flock well. She is still preening herself and foraging when she was outside. She is a small chicken and I am not sure when she was born.

I have done some research and was concerned about some sort of respiratory disease. She does not have any face swelling. She does not have any nasal discharge. She has normal poops. Normal personality. She is making lots of noise right now because she is happy. She makes happy noises when I pet her. She is happy. I just do not know what to do with her. I don't know if she just doesn't like the coop setup or what. All of the other chickens are doing fine.

So here is what I have done. I put cayenne peppers in the coop with some pumpkin and pumpkin seeds in case she had some sort of worms. I have put ACV in the water. I have been feeding plain yogurt with Cod Liver oil. She is still coughing though.

What should I do for her? What do you think it is? She is so sweet and lovey. :( I need help for my girl!

Back
Top Bottom