Sick chickens

momma07

Hatching
Mar 31, 2016
I had a sick duck. She died but now i have tqo sick chicks. They start out with not being able to walk. Now they act like they are paralized and can only move their head. What could it be something thwyve ate or drank?

Could possibly be an infection, but across multiple birds that's doubtful. A niacin deficiency is a possibility, are there any other symptoms other than paralysis? Swollen legs?

For ducks, a possible niacin deficiency - post on the "Duck thread." For chickens this could be Mareks or botulism from eating spoiled/moldy food.

Welcome, I'm new too. I wish I could be some help but except for one chick dying over night I've haven't had any across the board disease or sickness. I think my chick probably was crowded (suffocated) by her feathered-buddies due to the cold. I feed my chicks medicated feed but I don't know if that makes a difference.

Welcome, I'm new too. I wish I could be some help but except for one chick dying over night I've haven't had any across the board disease or sickness. I think my chick probably was crowded (suffocated) by her feathered-buddies due to the cold. I feed my chicks medicated feed but I don't know if that makes a difference.

I was referencing lcertuche

Back
Top Bottom