SICK CHICKENS

TNBEARCHICK

Crowing
12 Years
Feb 17, 2012
Johnson City, Tennessee
WE HAVE ABOUT 30 SICK CHICS AND JUVENILES AND 1 LIGHT BRAHMA LAYER. They appear to have a respiratory virus they sneeze, sinus drainage, wheeze and rattle.
I have done some reading and suspect that it is not curable but treatable. We are giving them antibiotics right now, my light brahma is showing signs of improvement but still not well. I have them quarantined and as any more get sick in the pen where they were we are quarntining them. I have done some reading and it appears to possibly be coryza.
Any help or experience would be great.

WE HAVE ABOUT 30 SICK CHICS AND JUVENILES AND 1 LIGHT BRAHMA LAYER. They appear to have a respiratory virus they sneeze, sinus drainage, wheeze and rattle.
I have done some reading and suspect that it is not curable but treatable. We are giving them antibiotics right now, my light brahma is showing signs of improvement but still not well. I have them quarantined and as any more get sick in the pen where they were we are quarntining them. I have done some reading and it appears to possibly be coryza.
Any help or experience would be great.
If there's a foul odor coming from the head area, most likely it is coryza. Otherwise I'd suspect MG.

YES I have 1 silkie you cant stand to be next to. For breeding purposes if i quarantine these birds just for eggs((I have a lot invested) can I keep it from spreading to other chickens on the farm, what would be a safe distance to keep them if so. I read it does not transfer to the egg so I should be able to incubate safely?

Back
Top Bottom