Sick Duckling? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD NEWS!!!!! My ducklings vent is BACK IN!!!!!!
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f604.png
1f604.png
now all I have to worry about are the weird bumps on his feet.... Warm salt water right?
That's awesome
thumbsup.gif
Yes nice warm Epsom salt or plain salt just make sure the duckling doesn't drink it.

I have a question on chix run. We have a 4foot chain link fence. How safe is that to have backyard chickens to be free range chickens I already have a coop built.

Yes I do think I'm going to start thinking about getting him a friend(s)
1f60f.png
and lil bird I think your outdo have to post your own thread about that cause I'm not sure...

I have a question on chix run. We have a 4foot chain link fence. How safe is that to have backyard chickens to be free range chickens I already have a coop built.

It can be done, but depending on what breed you have a chicken can fly over that. Also you may consider a covered run attached to your coop. I let mine free range completely and they do alright, but there is always a risk of predators. They can get under, over, and through many things. Just keep it in the back of your mind that they'll need some sort of overhead protection during the day...even if it's just a big ole' bush. Beyond this I would recommend opening another thread and including as much detail or a picture of the set up you have so far :)

Julianna: I am so happy for you and your duckling and I hope you have good luck in the future. Hopefully you can find him a buddy soon :)

lil bird, I agree you can start a thread about this one.

Meanwhile, I would add three feet of half inch metal hardware cloth around the bottom of that chain link, and make sure there is no - absolutely no - gap under the chain link. If there is, then run hardware cloth around the outside of the fence, out two feet from the chain link to discourage digging.

Raccoons will reach through chain link and pull birds out piece by piece.

He's doing GREAT! Very active healthy and spunky:) oh and his name is Charlie:) my best friend named him after the LOST series. Anyone know of it? Anyway thanks again for all your help!!!!

Back
Top Bottom