sick duckling

4hduckproject

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2018
I have a sick duckling. it holds its wings at its side and can barely walk. It appears to be shaking/ shivering even under the heat lamp. It’s beak is also very pale compared to the others. Does anyone know why this could be? and treatment?

Could you post a video? Upload your video to Youtube or Vimeo and then copy/paste the link here. Some more information about the duckling and your setup would be helpful, What are you feeding, how hot is it in the brooder, is she eating/drinking, are you providing nose deep water, are the duckling legs bowed outwards or inwards?

80 degrees for 5 week old ducks is too warm they should be close to feathered in by now?
Yes, way too warm! Lower the temp.
ok
Now that we got that out of the way please give us all info breed, feed, brooder set up with pics and pictures of your duckling. All symptoms, thanks
its a pekin, they eat unmedicated purina chick starter. Recently it’s been struggling to hold his wings at his side and struggles to hold his head up. he is still eating and drinking. i will attach a few photos in a minute.

I'm basicly having the same problem. Was fine yesterday. One can barely walk today. They are in a Run with shelter. I have turned off the light over a week ago. Haven't been to cold. It's a Pekin maybe 6 weeks old. Feeding it Layer crumble.

ok

its a pekin, they eat unmedicated purina chick starter. Recently it’s been struggling to hold his wings at his side and struggles to hold his head up. he is still eating and drinking. i will attach a few photos in a minute.

Do you have any pictures, a video would be great too. Are you adding a supplemental source of niacin to their feed?

Back
Top Bottom