Sick hen

shaggythehen

Chirping
Feb 10, 2016
1B39D037-BF6B-46A6-91B5-5B60EB07D7E0.jpeg
49894F59-7549-49BE-87A6-DF4B059F2CA4.jpeg
Hello all! Well Mrs.Chicky is sick once again:( out of all of my Hens she seems to be the only one who falls ill?! But.. we have nursed her back to health before with your help so here’s hoping we can do it again!
She has green droppings that smell terrible... absolutely terrible! Tail down not interested in walking that much. Eating and drinking if I hold it up to her .One leg looks like it turns inward when she stands. She wouldn’t roost in her normal spot, only made it to the box . I have separated her from the flock and she is content with that. Any help would be so appreciated. I have been giving her electrolytes, probiotics and antibiotics for 2 days now. Thank you!

Hi
I'm sorry your girl is suffering recurring health problems. It would be helpful to know what her previous issues have been in case they are related to this.
How old is she? Has she started laying eggs and if so, do you know when she last laid an egg?

I agree that bad smelling green poop is likely an infection. If you are giving probiotics and antibiotics at the same time you are defeating the object. Save the probiotics until after the course of antibiotics is finished.
Which antibiotic are you using? You would be best seeking veterinary advice to ensure that it is an appropriate one for the infection you are dealing with.... assuming she does indeed have an infection.

Would her belly be bare if it were bloated?Because it is not bare..... it is however covered in poo, which I keep trying to clean off but until she is up and roosting again I am afraid will continue to happen...poor girl:(

Hi
I'm sorry your girl is suffering recurring health problems. It would be helpful to know what her previous issues have been in case they are related to this.
How old is she? Has she started laying eggs and if so, do you know when she last laid an egg?

I agree that bad smelling green poop is likely an infection. If you are giving probiotics and antibiotics at the same time you are defeating the object. Save the probiotics until after the course of antibiotics is finished.
Which antibiotic are you using? You would be best seeking veterinary advice to ensure that it is an appropriate one for the infection you are dealing with.... assuming she does indeed have an infection.

Back
Top Bottom