Sick hen

Hello and Thank you so much for your kind words! The last time Miss Chicky was sick she became lethargic and wouldn't eat anything until I finally got some scrambled egg in her. I put her on antibiotic, electrolytes and probiotics and within a week or so she began to get better. I really thought I would loose her then and she made a happy, full recovery!!
This time is different because of the smelly poo and the fact that she will eat and drink like normal as long as I offer it to her. I will stop the probiotics until after she completes her antibiotics, Thank you for that info. Also she is 3 years and has always been a good layer although it has slowed way down for all my older gals this season. she hasn't laid an egg in several weeks ,however all of her flock has slowed down. I figured it was due to age.
I should note that it has been unusually cold here in Florida, not sure if that matters?
The antibiotic that I have is oxytetracycline HCI. I think that covers all the questions, I appreciate any advice you can offer!
I think I need to send her dropping off for testing ?

Hello everyone my sweet Miss Chicky is still not doing well..... I got in touch with our local ag office and they transferred me to the department that handles chickens...two experts , lots of pictures and some background info of her symptoms and they said it sounds like she is injured and the bright green stinky poo, is due to her lack of eating something called cecum? Not sure if I spelled that right? Anyhow does this sound correct to anyone? I am planning on giving her 1/4 baby aspirin tonight but she has been really fighting me on drinking today, still hunched with tail and wings down and her comb is turning whitish... I’m afraid she is dehydrated. Any help with this would be awesome. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom