Sick of rising fuel prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyhen

Songster
11 Years
May 8, 2008
Northeastern Ohio
There is an on line petition to make our voices heard. This is courtesy of Newt Gingrich (love or hate him, at least he's trying to do something!). If interested, the site is

www.americansolutions.com

Please take a minute to sign the petition and read the link to Chuck Norris's commentary yesterday at World Net Daily.

Thanks

Funny thing is, the price of crude oil went DOWN last week. Did anyone see the price drop?
But let the per barrell cost edge back up, and the price follows immediately.

Were being told that the prices we pay are a direct response to market supply and demand forces.
Thats crap. It's fee manipulation, plain and simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
Actually ONE gas station on the other side of my city did drop. They actually got it to $3.89. Next day? was up to $3.97!!!! what??

My husband showed me an article from during Bush's run for office. The man actually said that he would "use his influence and friendship(or something like that) to keep fuel prices down and stable! Yet another lie in the string of bull crap he has done during his two terms in the White house.

I'm thinking the Amish have the best idea...horse and buggy!!! I keep threatening the DH with the idea. He's not real thrilled, and although he laughs, he know's I'd do it!!!
cool.png

Quote:
What!
ep.gif
barnie.gif

Out little store had $3.99 yesterday but the Safeway in town (30 miles away mind you) with the card was $3.71.

I think everyone needs to do a reality check here. We will never see gasoline prices go below $3.50 a gallon in our lifetime. Probably it will be much more. The end of oil is on the horizon, people, and we had better be prepared. Let's hope the new administration will get serious about conservation and development of realistic alternative energy sources. Kick Big Oil in the pants! OPEC has us by the throat and right now there isn't a darn thing we can do about it and they know it.

Last edited:
Forgive the following rant...

It's supply and demand. Simple as that. World crude oil production has not risen in years and the demand has steadily increased. It will continue to increase as large populations of the world become more prosperous and their middle class grows.

Regardless of what you may think, a president has very little control over things like global demand. Even though prices are high compared to what they have been, we are still paying a smaller amount in relation to average income, than the rest of the world.

Crude oil costs the same, on the worldwide market, in Europe as it does in the U.S. However they are paying two to three times as much as we are. The difference in taxes. England, for example, has a 75% tax on fuel. So don't complain too much. We still have the highest standard of living per capita in the world.

The rise in fuel prices has been predicted for a long time. The US military issued a report to congress a few years ago that this rise would occur. You can see how much they have done to prepare.

Thanks for the opportunity to vent. I think that I will ride my bike to the store now.

Mark

Well I'm hoping one of those two new idiots comes to terms with reality and sends a drilling team up to ANWAR.
wink.png

I'm fantasizing of course because neither of them are worth a ****.

I'm ALL for alternative energy but I'm not going to let some dumb politician tell me I have to stop using oil and proceed to punish me and my family with outrageous prices to force us, when there is NO alternative to oil at this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom