Sick of rising fuel prices!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Why would I make life more difficult on purpose though?

:| I'm pretty sure that was part of the original topic. Some work = less gas usage...

But whatever. There's always an excuse...

I am not going to get into a blow by blow "I am better than you are" list of things YOU could do and don't. I think your taunting is against the rules.

I do think it's ridiculous how we humans allow such things to run our lives. We can't live without gas??? We're sooooo spoiled. If something happened that took out electricity and cell phones and Starbucks I do believe that 90% of Americans would just lay down and wait for death because they don't have the guts to work harder for what they need. But this is just the opinion of an enviro wacko....

Quote:
:| I'm pretty sure that was part of the original topic. Some work = less gas usage...

But whatever. There's always an excuse...

I am not going to get into a blow by blow "I am better than you are" list of things YOU could do and don't. I think your taunting is against the rules.

Aha... right. I never said I was better than you and I wasn't taunting you either. Take it however you will.
roll.png

Quote:

Aha... right. I never said I was better than you and I wasn't taunting you either. Take it however you will.
roll.png

Saying "whatever" and "There's always an excuse." to someone you don't know at all is in no way asking for a productive conversation. Since I clearly am not picking up the positive mixed in with your cynical posts, I'll bow out of the post to keep it on topic.

I love clean air and clean water. Sometimes one has to take a chance to keep our lives runing that a little oil might get spilled. I don't like to see an oil covered bird or seal, but bad things happen all the time in this world. Millions will die in revolutions around the world if energy keeps going up. Risking a few birds or seals or caribou is worth that not happening.

You don't sound like you love clean air and water by your comment, oil spills are ok with you? So oil is what we need to keep our lives running. Funny I always thought it was food and shelter that humans needed to survive. Millions will die if gas prices keep going up? How do you figure that? The risk of killing an 'few' animals is ok?

Let me ask you this, do you think the black oil brings out the color of their eyes?

5807__1620001_penguins300.jpg

Oh here's another life that doesn't matter
5807_2291262279_6e91454df2.jpg

And another.
5807_2054403206_43eb4e831a.jpg

5807_080118-prestige-oil-spill-hmed-10ahmedium.jpg

If these pictures don't touch your heart and make you eat your words then I'd wonder if you had a heart at all.​

Last edited:
Another point, why don't people get smaller cars? A hatchback like this:
mazda_2.jpg

Is good enough for just about everything - we have one. Shopping, transporting chicken feed, transporting a chicken coop, taking the kids to school and more. The only reason you really need one bigger is if you have 6 or more people in your household or you regularly have to drive over fields (not talking about dirt tracks here!) - ours does occasionally go over fields, but I'm not sure how it would take it if it was going over it every day
wink.png

Even if you do have to drive all over rough land then you can always get a beat up SUV like this one which has failed it's MOT (the certificate you need that shows your car is safe & legal to be driven on public roads) and drive that on your farm.

ArturoD_Hon_64LandRover_1RR.jpg

I can guarantee that your fuel consumption will go down astronomically and you will cover the costs of replacing your car PLUS you can feel good about saving the environment
smile.png

Last edited:
One reason I don't get a tiny car instead of my Lumina (which is pretty good on gas anyway) is that I flat cannot afford a car pymt. Last year I dropped insurance on that to liability only. This year, same for our 1994 Chevy ext cab truck, down to liability only plus they just today reclassified it as a Farm Vehicle. That truck only drives maybe 500 miles a year and my own car 1000 or less. It's not economically sensible to buy another car when these have been paid for for years and years.

Quote:
You don't sound like you love clean air and water by your comment, oil spills are ok with you? So oil is what we need to keep our lives running. Funny I always thought it was food and shelter that humans needed to survive. Millions will die if gas prices keep going up? How do you figure that? The risk of killing an 'few' animals is ok?

Let me ask you this, do you think the black oil brings out the color of their eyes?

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/5807__1620001_penguins300.jpg

Oh here's another life that doesn't matter
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/5807_2291262279_6e91454df2.jpg

And another.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/5807_2054403206_43eb4e831a.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/5807_080118-prestige-oil-spill-hmed-10ahmedium.jpg

If these pictures don't touch your heart and make you eat your words then I'd wonder if you had a heart at all.

That is a bunch of crap...why don't you provide us with some statistics on oil spills instead of photos designed to play on our emotions. How many gallons of oil are spilled annually versus the number of gallons produced. It is extremely low and the effect on the environment is negligible. I am sure that you as an individual along with family and friends do as much "harm" to the environment in your every day activities...heating/cooling your home, driving your car, eating food, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom