Sick peacock

Samarkfifijoelynn

In the Brooder
Jan 19, 2022
My 3 year old peacock is very sick. Not eating or drinking. Poo is yellow and white. Has a respiratory problem. Chest is weezeing.
He does not bubbles coming from his eyes or mouth.
I wormed his 2 weeks ago. For 3 day,s. Repeated dose in ten days. His poo was solid afterwards but now is yellow again. What should I do. Please help. This bird is my world.

What did you use to worm him and what dosage? Have you had him with chickens, and have you had any with respiratory infection before? Is there any swelling in his face or eyelids? Poop pictures may be helpful. Do you have any antibiotics? I will tag @casportpony in case she has suggestions.

What did you use to worm him and what dosage? Have you had him with chickens, and have you had any with respiratory infection before? Is there any swelling in his face or eyelids? Poop pictures may be helpful. Do you have any antibiotics? I will tag @casportpony in case she has suggestions.
Thank you for answering me. First I gave him curazol and it didn't work. So I gave him tramasol. 4ml for 3 days. As a drench down the throat. He lives in my home.
But I leave him out during the day. I have chickens but there are in a coop.. I gave him half of a human antibiotic today. Amoxicillin. 250mg mixed with water down the throat.

Last edited:
IMG_20221121_143009.jpg

Back
Top Bottom