Sick Polish

acid_chipmunk

Polish Silkies d'Uccles O my!
9 Years
Mar 29, 2010
OK, I have a WC Blue Polish pullet that I got at NE Chickenstock. She got rained on while we were there and was very cold and shivering, not sure if she was going to make it through that, but she did. She got better and thrived for a while.

We have had some really, really hot weather here in PA recently and one day I noticed that she was very hot, along with all of the other Polish in the brooder with her. We brought all of them in the house to sit in the a/c for a while. She still seemed "off", so I decided to let her run around in the grass for a while. She was leaning to one side and not walking right. We thought maybe she had jumped down from the side of the brooder and hurt her leg, but neither one seemed to be bothering her.

The next day when checking on all of the birds, I noticed she was laying on her side and wasn't hardly moving. I grabber her up quick and brought her in the house to show my hubby. We made her her own brooder in the house and gave her some electrolites. I got some Poly Vi Sol vitamins to give her. Her legs work, she can kick them like an Olympic swimmer, but she can't stand on them. We are stumped at this point. She is eating and drinking well, HATES the vitamins, and can kick herself around her brooder, but can't stand or walk.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like you are doing all the right things... maybe she just needs some time. As long as she is eating and drinking, she deserves to be given some more time. You can just see when they have given up and it doesn't sound like she has. Good luck with her... keep us posted.
dmb/mm
ps: Sorry I don't have a magic cure for her.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom