Sick Pullet any advice....

Rachel07

In the Brooder
Jun 1, 2015
Ten Mile TN
My Frankie girl is not doing well. She is 7/8 weeks old. She has been very healthy, active and eating and drinking well. Then I noticed her the last 2 days acting very sleepy. She isnt opening her eyes now. I dont beleive she has eaten either. I took her out of the coop this morning and wiped her face with a warm wash cloth and gave her water with a syringe by allowing it to drip over her beak. I checked her vent and it looked fine, no poop stuck to her. Her crop feels empty. I placed her back in the coop and she waddled away. I found her later behind the coop, soaked from the rain. she didnt even try to get out of the rain :( I wrapped her in a towel and used a blow dryer to dry her and have brought her inside still wrapped in a towel. she doesnt try to get away she lays with her eyes closed. I'm afraid she might not make it through the night.
sad.png

So I have Frankie inside and she has pooped. It looks completely normal a little hard but solid gray/green with white on the top. I gave her food and she shows NO interest in it. I gave her water and No interest in that either. Unfortunately, there is no place opened at 8:30 in the evening where I live. I hope she makes it thru the night.

Back
Top Bottom