sick Rhode Island Hen :(

chicken603

In the Brooder
Jun 20, 2015
Our RR is lethargic, watery poo, drinking very little and not eating. she's been that way for 3-4 days
She tried to escape the run a few days ago and may have caught a nail, found some blood around her neck/ear area but can not find a wound of any kind
sad.png

She is not egg bound
Has not been wormed
We did check her for mites
we brought her in 2 days ago, slight improvement
*update
She also had a slight rattling

Last edited:
My hen had Simalar symptoms and I tryed one teaspoon of corid in one gallon of water and for seven days and now she is eating and drinking her self and moving around like her normal self hope this helps

Our RR is lethargic, watery poo, drinking very little and not eating. she's been that way for 3-4 days
She tried to escape the run a few days ago and may have caught a nail, found some blood around her neck/ear area but can not find a wound of any kind
sad.png

She is not egg bound
Has not been wormed
We did check her for mites
we brought her in 2 days ago, slight improvement
Welcome to BYC. Bring her inside and get her warm. Add electrolytes and vitamins (SaveAChick, Rooster Booster, Durvet) to her water. Feed her some chopped egg, tuna, and plain yogurt with her feed. Some hens become dehydrated or weak from not eating if very low in pecking order or being kept from food. Watery droppings can be a sign of worms, coccidiosis, or enteritis. Sometimes we never find out the problem, but can only watch and try different things.

Thanks for the response! I am very worried about my girl :( She is very raspy/rattling this morning... Could this be a worm symptom or coccidiosis? She was doing a little better yesterday walking around the house some and drinking

i need to be sure i got the right thing... Its says "CORID" (amprolium) 20% soluble powder coccidiostat for bovine? If yes should i treat whole flock? I did introduce new birds recently

Yes I got the same stuff and I would treat the whole flock and if she is not drinking you are going to have to force her to drink some or you are going to have to put some water in the feed and just force feed her

Back
Top Bottom