Sick Silkie Chick

I don't think they have been vaccinated. I've check its legs multiple times and have not noticed anything hurt and it doesn't show any signs of pain. I don't think its any type of contagious disease either because all the other chicks are fine. The sick chick seems to have a good body weight for its size its just a lot smaller and has a limp.

So the chick has been eating and drinking and is still getting all its feathers as fast as the others. Its still small and has a limp but other than that it looks healthy.

I have three week old chicks. We have had two that seemed week and less able than the others. I have found for both of them that feeding an egg yolk at room temp with a syringe works well. And placing them in their own box with their own heat lamp and a stuffed animal to cuddle. The last one was doing terrible that I found like this. She couldn't hold her wings to her body even but this brought her our of it. It's day 3 now of me caring for her and keeping her separate. It has helped both of them a ton. The first one is still going strong as well she had problems from three days and is now great.

My chick has stopped limping! I'm so happy!
I'm glad to hear that!
smile.png

Hello! I am a first time chicken owner, and have two one-week old silky chicks. They are being fed medicated chick start. My husband was a little over-loving and gave them some meal worms, and they now appear to have diarrhea. I am worried about pasty butt, and am wondering if I should put one drop of apple cider vinegar in their water, but I don't want to make it worse. Please help!

Hello! I am a first time chicken owner, and have two one-week old silky chicks. They are being fed medicated chick start. My husband was a little over-loving and gave them some meal worms, and they now appear to have diarrhea. I am worried about pasty butt, and am wondering if I should put one drop of apple cider vinegar in their water, but I don't want to make it worse. Please help!

Keep them on their chick feed you could try giving them some scrambled eggs. Since they have had mealworms,did you provide grit,if you give them anything other than chick feed they have to have grit to digest food.

I had the same thing, what I decided to
do was feed my smaller two live mealworms, chopped into two, depending on the size of he chicks, live mealworms are high in protein, so good for weight gain, obviously don't give them to much, they'll become unhealthy, but my two gained weight and became to be just as big as the others, just an idea, and not sure about limping

Back
Top Bottom