Sick Silkie Chick

Thanks for your response! I didn't give them grit...do I give it to them now, or just wait until they're older for meal worms? Do I give them apple cider vinegar, or stick with chick feed and let the diarrhea resolve on its own?

Id let it resolve on it's own, won't hurt it, only worry really if is bloody! Grit is really good for digesting their food, so for chicks you can buy special chick grit, I literally sprinkle a tad bit, but if they're roaming around they get little rocks out of the grounds anyway, I would really consider mealworms, live ones the better, but not over feeding of it'll have a bad affect, also yogurt is good for them, when mine are a little Ill, I give them plain yogurt, or flavoured, they love it, perks them up a little, but I wouldn't worry. Oh try go mad for dried mealworms mixed in yogurt as a treat! Good for their digestive system x

Last edited:
The chick is okay now. He got over his limp and is healthy. Just please remind me to never buy silkie chicks from a hatchery, or any at that matter. only from breeders that I know and trust from now on.

Back
Top Bottom