Sick with worry...

BrukeyBrooke

Songster
Apr 10, 2020
Washington
I have an order of four ducklings coming from Metzer Farms. They shipped out Tuesday and arrived at my local USPS distribution center last night shortly after 10pm. I foolishly assumed my local office would call this morning. Not so. And they don’t answer the phone. I drove down there and talked to a supervisor. Guess what - because they were shipped priority and not express, they have to sit there for another whole day before being sent to my local office. And they won’t allow me to drive down and pick them up from there. Are you kidding me?? Can ducklings survive that long? I am sick with worry. Any insight or experience would be appreciated, especially for any of you located in the Phoenix area. TIA!

I have an order of four ducklings coming from Metzer Farms. They shipped out Tuesday and arrived at my local USPS distribution center last night shortly after 10pm. I foolishly assumed my local office would call this morning. Not so. And they don’t answer the phone. I drove down there and talked to a supervisor. Guess what - because they were shipped priority and not express, they have to sit there for another whole day before being sent to my local office. And they won’t allow me to drive down and pick them up from there. Are you kidding me?? Can ducklings survive that long? I am sick with worry. Any insight or experience would be appreciated, especially for any of you located in the Phoenix area. TIA!
Don't they flipping understand they are live baby creatures?
I'm sorry.
They likely won't all make it.

Mine took 4days to arrive from metzers, and I am in vt and they all arrived perfectly healthy!!! Hopefully yours will as well!!!

Honestly, I think that it's more dependent on the health of the ducks shipped.

I have recieved two orders from Metzer and the second order darn near has the ducks carrying their own box, they were so robust.

Try not to worry (hard, I know) and just make sure everything is ready before you pick them up.

67D83634-0D9D-449D-9326-0FD14905240C.jpeg

By some miracle, they arrived today They are alive, eating and drinking, and settling in well. Quite robust as well! I’m so relieved and happy. Thank you so much for the replies!!

Back
Top Bottom