Shimmerpuppy

Chirping
Mar 31, 2022
Hi everyone,
I have a sick hen, her comb and wattle are very light colored, she's listless, I'm not certain she is eating or drinking (I have food and water available.)Her poop is very runny, like egg whites, with a green slimy slug of poo in it. I suspect that she has some worms. I have added acv to her water, fed garlic, fed some eggs and yogurt (she ate some of this yesterday, but wouldn't eat it today). I'm gonna attach a pic of the poo, so warning for those who don't want to see that.
She is moving around a bit today, and is out in her run (I do have her quarantined in my extra coop), but I just want to make sure that I am on the right track for treatment. I'd like to keep things as natural as possible...unless that's just not feasible.
Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_20230511_150837374.jpg
    IMG_20230511_150837374.jpg
    805 KB · Views: 33
What's her diet, age, breed, does she lay, when she last last laid and crop feel?
Acv and garlic won't do anything for worms, in fact, garlic is toxic to birds in high doses so be very careful.

She's maybe a year old buff orp, it's hard for me to tell my older girls from the younger now. She was laying but hasn't laid in the 3 days that she's been quarantined. I have baby chicks that I am adding to the flock, so currently everyone is getting organic chick feed with free choice oyster shells.
Good news, I went out and sat with her for a while and saw her drink...so she is getting some water in her.

She's maybe a year old buff orp, it's hard for me to tell my older girls from the younger now. She was laying but hasn't laid in the 3 days that she's been quarantined. I have baby chicks that I am adding to the flock, so currently everyone is getting organic chick feed with free choice oyster shells.
Good news, I went out and sat with her for a while and saw her drink...so she is getting some water in her.
It's good that she's drinking. Are the older girls letting her near the feeder?

It's good that she's drinking. Are the older girls letting her near the feeder?
I have her in a coop by herself, just in case. So she has all the access to food and water she needs. It was fortunate that I had jus built out another coop, in case we needed to quarantine anyone. She has her own coop and run, so she can still see and socialize with the flock, but they can't get in and she can't get out.

I have her in a coop by herself, just in case. So she has all the access to food and water she needs. It was fortunate that I had jus built out another coop, in case we needed to quarantine anyone. She has her own coop and run, so she can still see and socialize with the flock, but they can't get in and she can't get out.
Very good idea. Can you feel her crop for abnormalities.

Hi everyone,
I have a sick hen, her comb and wattle are very light colored, she's listless, I'm not certain she is eating or drinking (I have food and water available.)Her poop is very runny, like egg whites, with a green slimy slug of poo in it. I suspect that she has some worms. I have added acv to her water, fed garlic, fed some eggs and yogurt (she ate some of this yesterday, but wouldn't eat it today). I'm gonna attach a pic of the poo, so warning for those who don't want to see that.
She is moving around a bit today, and is out in her run (I do have her quarantined in my extra coop), but I just want to make sure that I am on the right track for treatment. I'd like to keep things as natural as possible...unless that's just not feasible.
Thanks guys!
This poop is not good it remind me the time my rooster had dehydrated badly it affect the liver

Back
Top Bottom