Sight Sexing Barred Plymouth Rock Chicks at Hatch

Pics
our little friends are about 4-5 weeks old, I was hoping from the fedders, someone can help me what they will become.

I think its a girl? compare to the other birds, this one had coloured wings from when we got them.

I hope its a girl

girl or boy ?

last one looks like a pullet the rest look like cockerels

He will be 12 weeks old tomorrow.

I take it from this thread that a heritage barred rock you are going to have a harder time telling the difference. If you can find them.

I'm not 100% sure that this is even a Barred Rock but I'm thinking it is. I think I see a spot on the top of its head. I needed another chick for a single egg that we had hatch (long story but it involves me incubating the egg in my bra for the last 24 hours) so I grabbed the healthiest looking chick at Atwoods yesterday. The bin was not marked or anything so I'm not even sure how old he/she is. Any hoo! If this indeed a Barred Rock, is it a male or female? And if it isn't a Barred Rock, what breed do you think it could be? Thanks!

I'm not 100% sure that this is even a Barred Rock but I'm thinking it is. I think I see a spot on the top of its head. I needed another chick for a single egg that we had hatch (long story but it involves me incubating the egg in my bra for the last 24 hours) so I grabbed the healthiest looking chick at Atwoods yesterday. The bin was not marked or anything so I'm not even sure how old he/she is. Any hoo! If this indeed a Barred Rock, is it a male or female? And if it isn't a Barred Rock, what breed do you think it could be? Thanks!

Assuming it is a barred rock chick I would say Girl. it's way too dark to be a boy.

Back
Top Bottom