Sight Sexing Barred Plymouth Rock Chicks at Hatch

Pics

Pullet :) my girls run over and wait to be picked up. They live at my sister's and they still come to me :) I love this breed for that

Oh yay!!! Glad you think pullet!! I was worried because the wash on her legs has never been super dark and as her feathers are coming in her down looks a little silvery. But hoped pullet because the wing feathers are largely black with white speckles rather than thick white bars.

Love how friendly barred rocks are!!! She's my main gal. She always hops on my hand and makes her way up to the crook of an arm or shoulder to nap.
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png

Oh yay!!! Glad you think pullet!! I was worried because the wash on her legs has never been super dark and as her feathers are coming in her down looks a little silvery. But hoped pullet because the wing feathers are largely black with white speckles rather than thick white bars.

Love how friendly barred rocks are!!! She's my main gal. She always hops on my hand and makes her way up to the crook of an arm or shoulder to nap.
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png

Hers a picture of my girls backends lol they are on the left and the 10 week old on the right is a boy and 2 blue splash cochins but you can see that the colors are quite different on just 2 girls

Here's my new little girl. Pretty confident she's a she ha. Although now seeing the other BR in the bin I'm not so sure my Roo was a Roo. Oh well at least this little girl is a sweetie

If unsure - soon it becomes evident by the look of their comb. I've found the combs of BR roosters develop much more quickly than other breeds. By 3 weeks it is evident.

Hmmmm all of mine have small combs with not a hint of pink in them yet, and they are just over 3 weeks. Hopefully all pullets!

Back
Top Bottom