Silkie cockerel or pullet? 3 months old

Pics
Oh Easter! You are a tough one! I want to say pullet but that darn comb is throwing me off! Any streamers in back? Any blueish green shimmery feathers in the wings or tail?
Kinda maybe streamer looking things but very fluffy and round crest though!
Can't see any of those shimmery feathers on Easter, yet.

I did see Biscuit side shuffle Easter again today like the mating dance... But not sure if roosters do this to other roosters?- although I have not seen that behaviour with any of my roosters, only towards hens.

The comb is questionable but my roosters do have large combs and some of my hens have about the same size as Easter now.

I haven't seen Easter try to mount a hen but could happen when I'm not around or not because I have 2 roosters in his coop so he may not try to mate knowing the other boys will disagree with that behaviour.

..And.. Easter does have big thick looking feet so this concerns me and steers me towards cockerel..

External_anatomy_rooster.png

Are the feathers on the lower back kinda droopy?

I did see Biscuit side shuffle Easter again today like the mating dance... But not sure if roosters do this to other roosters?- although I have not seen that behaviour with any of my roosters, only towards hens.

The comb is questionable but my roosters do have large combs and some of my hens have about the same size as Easter now.

I haven't seen Easter try to mount a hen but could happen when I'm not around or not because I have 2 roosters in his coop so he may not try to mate knowing the other boys will disagree with that behaviour.

..And.. Easter does have big thick looking feet so this concerns me and steers me towards cockerel..
My Minnie is a certifiable egg laying hen, who crows (like a dying squeaky toy) and mounts/ does the deed with Elsa, who voluntarily squats btw... so i no longer count that as a sign 😆

No shimmery feathers. No streamers. No wattles. Comb isn't red. I still vote pullet.

Back
Top Bottom