Silkie color breeding questions...

What do you do with the boys who are picked on? I can't stand watching it. :(

The red pyle is my favorite but he's got a real attitude towards other chickens.
I learned a hard lesson this winter- don't hatch late in the summer and keep grow out into winter. Right now I have 2 roosters and 4 cockerels (4-6 months old). I have resorted to putting them outside, I shovel an area for them and have an extra large igloo dog house with straw for day time then let them at dusk, they were really harass the girls. It funny when they are outside and away from the girls they are a tight knit group with no bickering.
The Paint in my avatar is Monet, he had some real attitude towards me and my daughter from about 6-9 months old, he will be a year old next week and has really calmed down.

So there is hope he will calm down...that's good to hear! He seriously paces back and forth down the run ALL DAY LONG nonstop. He's nuts. The other cockerels are pretty low key except my black with silver who is extremely protective of the hens. Even though he isn't in the same pen as the hens, when I touch the hens he will try to attack me through the fencing. I'm obviously still working on his ego. :lau

So did you do any of here combos? I have a red roo with black tail, black roo with silver leakage. Hens are black, paint and splash. Wondering what combos I will come out with...just for fun 😀

I have a 50% splash/ 50% white silkie roo bred to my white silkies, this was my first attempt at breeding since he was young. I got a nice mixture of splash and white chicks except for one, it's white with orange flecks. How did this come about? Should I cull this chick to stop this color?

I was curious what color my silkie hen is? And what color babies she will have? being with a red roo with black tail feather. Similar to the one in the pic with her.
I posted on another trend but not sure if it was even in the right spot. Hoping you guys can help me out. Thanks!!

I was curious what color my silkie hen is? And what color babies she will have? being with a red roo with black tail feather. Similar to the one in the pic with her.
I posted on another trend but not sure if it was even in the right spot. Hoping you guys can help me out. Thanks!!
Hi. Idk if it’s just because I’m on my iPad but I can’t see any pics that are posted of your hen...

Back
Top Bottom