Silkie Cross Breeds

Pics
Because it is a splash rooster and blue/black/splash tend to be dominant colors, you will most likely end up with blue or splash chicks with colored leakage. Splash cannot parent black offspring.
All my silkie x EEs were fathered by a blue silkie. All the EE moms were brown reddish colored. All babies came out black and blue. About 1/3 of the black hens had gold leakage, and all the black males had gold leakage. Also 1/2 of the blue hens had silver leakage and to date no blue roosters have hatched!!

Here is a white Silkie (non-bearded) hen X Mille Fleur d'Uccle rooster cross (chick hatched by my booted bantam). I'm really surprised by the chick's coloring; neither of the parents ever had dark markings or yellowish-gray coloring as chicks. The chick inherited the beard from the d'Uccle and the five toes from the Silkie, however I'm not sure who influenced the feathered legs. I'm curious to see whether it grows normal or silkie feathers.

Last edited:
Here is a white Silkie (non-bearded) hen X Mille Fleur d'Uccle rooster cross (chick hatched by my booted bantam). I'm really surprised by the chick's coloring; neither of the parents ever had dark markings or yellowish-gray coloring as chicks. The chick inherited the beard from the d'Uccle and the five toes from the Silkie, however I'm not sure who influenced the feathered legs. I'm curious to see whether it grows normal or silkie feathers.

The white Silkie could have a hugely varied genetic background under the disguise of white, so you never know. Cute baby, and I like the porcelain mom!

this is duck I think she is a selkie x I got her along with mags my white silkie

Last edited:
My first silkie mix, mainly get and black fluff, only 4 toes but feathered feet and black skin

Silkie mix 2 pink skin,4 toes and very tiny beak!

Silkie/ancona mix. Blah skin black fluff and only 4 toes

Pure silkie. Dad is blue, mom is either black or white.

Sane as the last, pure silkie, blue dad mom is black or white. This one hatched with pink skin though!

My first silkie mix, mainly get and black fluff, only 4 toes but feathered feet and black skin

Silkie mix 2 pink skin,4 toes and very tiny beak!

Silkie/ancona mix. Blah skin black fluff and only 4 toes

Pure silkie. Dad is blue, mom is either black or white.

Sane as the last, pure silkie, blue dad mom is black or white. This one hatched with pink skin though!

Blue x black = blue and black chicks. So the white must be the mom of the last two! Cute!

Back
Top Bottom