Silkie Feathered Ameraucanas adventure

Do you have any idea how hard this is to type with everything, and I do mean everything crossed for a successful hatch??
lol.png

fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Thank heavens for cut and paste!!!
lau.gif

Quote:
i have three silkieXeaster egger.do those count.they are looking like they are getting silkie feathers.i have 1 white/buff and 2 multi colored ones that look like twins.

I posted in the other thread. I think mine is not one. Its feathers are coming out normal, so it must be a sport from my barred olive egger pen, as one of the hens there has silver laced wyandotte background. Oh well...
hmm.png

I have nine of these eggs in my hova-bator. Here's a day 14 update.

Home Depot carries 'Tactical' LED flashlights (100+ Lumens) (~24$), which made a world of difference in tonight's candling. I could see through the Marans eggs clear as if they were white shelled!

Humidity was kept in the mid-40% range for these last 4 days, whereas for days 1-10 it had been 35%. My goal is for the eggs to lose approximately 12-14% of their weight by day 18.

I'm EXTREMELY concerned about egg #8. It's hard to explain, but the air cell was a bit floaty and wasn't really in a straight line like the others. Looks like it popped?

Eggs 1, 2, 4, 5, and 7 look like they might have quit. I'm hoping that's not the case.
fl.gif
fl.gif
They certainly didn't look like they should. Hoping for a more certain prognosis by lockdown.

SilkieFeatherAmeraDay14.jpg

Good Morning everyone, wow I took some time off and look at what happens while I am gone?

On the spot--I am sorry about your chicks. I was really rooting for you.

Kathy--Oh gosh, they are precious!

Update on my 8 eggs... I have 5 left. I had 3 clears and cracked them open. They were fertile and just quit right off the bat. Most likely shipping.
I have one in the incubator and it is developing-getting hard to see in there. And four are under my broody. I am just going to leave them alone and let nature take its course. So I really don't know if they are developing or not.
Set date was 2/11 so the hatch time will be 3/4.

Lockdown will be March 1st and that isn't too far away! Keeping fingers crossed like everyone else!

Back
Top Bottom