Silkie Feathered Ameraucanas adventure

Quote:
I'm so sorry you lost one of these precious little chicks! Hopefully the others will be just fine and by this time next year, all of those of you participating in the development of this new breed will have viable eggs coming out of your ears!! So sad, to come all this way, only to have the dear little thing trip up at the finish line.
sad.png
That's probably more heart breaking than if they make it half way through incubation and then quit. When that happens you just figure there was something wrong and nature did the culling for you. This? This is just heart breaking. Keep your chin up....I'm sending you tons of good Karma thoughts for your second chick, and the other(s?) next week!
hugs.gif

My husband delivered 2 of our Silkies to Julie (in Texas) today. This will begin our experiment, to see if these birds carry the Silkie gene. Julie will mate her original roo (Ozzie) or one of his sons, with the Silkies. Julie will hatch the eggs, and if they hatch out as Silkies, we will know that the gene is a Silkie gene. (I think I have that correct.)

I am so excited!

Quote:
alice,
No, I did not have pasty butt with them.

8 chicks? I am not sure. I have 3, you have 1, Donna has 2 (as of tonight). Who am I missing?

The only chicks I know of are: kathyinmo - 3, alicefelldown - 1, upintheholler - 1

I recently hatched 4 chicks of my own.

Sometimes things go wrong in my head.
hide.gif
I don't know where I got 8 from.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm so sorry you lost one of these precious little chicks! Hopefully the others will be just fine and by this time next year, all of those of you participating in the development of this new breed will have viable eggs coming out of your ears!! So sad, to come all this way, only to have the dear little thing trip up at the finish line.
sad.png
That's probably more heart breaking than if they make it half way through incubation and then quit. When that happens you just figure there was something wrong and nature did the culling for you. This? This is just heart breaking. Keep your chin up....I'm sending you tons of good Karma thoughts for your second chick, and the other(s?) next week!
hugs.gif

Thank you, it was heart breaking... I just walked through the house holding my little baby saying "no, no, no"... I had such high hopes for these two.. But the one is doing great, getting so big and fluffy. I really need to take pics of "her" LOL.. I think its a girl. My luck, want a roo... get a girl. But I will love her just the same.
Maybe the other three will make it. I need to see how they are doing, I think I will check in a few mins.

thumbsup.gif
C'mon 3 roos.
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

What incubators has everyone been using? What's your mail delivery like?

I swore off hatching eggs just last fall and now I'm looking at new incubators.
th.gif

Maybe if I only buy from nearby states, pick-up in the city.................
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom