Silkie Feathered Ameraucanas adventure

Just letting everyone know, that when I came home from work yesterday - one of my new chicks was dead.
sad.png

Quote:
Oh Julie, I'm so sorry.
hugs.gif
I know how hard it is to lose them so young. I think everyone here does as well. It hurts like heck. Try not to take it to hard. Sometimes these things just happen.
sad.png
Yeah, it sucks. But you have to keep moving forward and focus on the ones that remain. They need you too.
hugs.gif

Any idea of why? Any clues? It's the not knowing what went wrong that can often make the loss of a new chick that much harder to take. How can we protect against a mystery? Hang in there sweetie.
hugs.gif

Julie I am so sorry!
hugs.gif
It's hard when that happens. Did you see the updated pictures of Kathy's birds? They are so beautiful and all thanks to YOU!

I am looking forward to outcrossing them and creating that hybrid vigor so things like you had to go through don't happen very often.
Together we can do this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! The chick was a little weaker than the rest. At first it wasn't walking well. I wasn't sure it would make it, but that just happens.

The other three are perky.

Quote:
caf.gif

My B/B/S Ams went into the bator on the 10th according to the breeder.

Last edited:
That's good news, averytds. I just received my shipment of Blue/Black Ameraucana chicks yesterday. I ordered 15 and one was DOA. I have 4 black and 10 blue chicks. Too cute! I put them in with the other three chicks, and they are all doing fine.

Even though I don't have any of these chicks yet, I am pressing forward with what projects I have to get ready for when I DO get some finally! LOL. I have hatched four split lavender ameraucana chicks from my splash hen. ( I know, don't mix blue and lavender, but she is my very best ameraucana hen, and I lent her to her breeder to breed to her lavender rooster and when she came back I saved eggs and got four to hatch) and the same breeder told me yesterday she would give me a GOOD BLACK (no leakage) roo split to lavender to cross on these babies!!! WOOT! I accidently mixed my split white blue ameraucanas with my blue olive eggers and gotta start all over there. I want some white ameraucanas to cross on these hairy ones, whenever I get them going too. I will hopefully eventually have them in lavender and white. I know, it isn't about hairy birds, but it is about getting READY for hairy birds... and just wanting a place to blab this morning.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom