Silkie Feathered Ameraucanas adventure

That is a great idea! I am trying to do that too. They are just so pretty and I really like that they have that feathering but in a normal size bird, it is just beautiful.
Everytime I look at Julie's & Kathy's birds I want mine to grow up fast. They are cute at every stage though. I gotta get some pics but it is nasty windy today and they still don't have alot to show in feathering yet. I can see it coming through but in a week or so they will have something to actually see.

Oh Patty, I forgot to tell you the Muscovy eggs came and the original 8 are ALL veining! I am estatic!

Last edited by a moderator:
thumbsup.gif
It's so nice when you can easily combine and they all get along. I hope I get a good amount of blues as well. I ordered an even dozen, but won't know what I'm getting for another couple of weeks. Guess I can always get more later if need be, especially since I can pick them up. It must be wonderful there with all the little fuzzy butts around.
love.gif

We're proceeding with all of our projects as well. DS and I are going on a road trip to MO on Saturday to get some B/B Silkies. DS has been asking for blue Ams for a while, so those would have been on the to do list anyways. We're working on new travel cages. We've got everything for the new bator now, but we've been busy with cleaning and arranging for the new arrivals, so it may be a few more days. I can't wait for all the new babies.
wee.gif

Talking about projects are we??
big_smile.png
The DH will be taking DGD over to see her folks early next week. I'll have the entire place to myself!!
wee.gif
Well, to myself and one dog, one cat and 27 chickens!!!
gig.gif

My big project for while they're gone for a few days is to build the small coop for the babies. I've gotten my hands on some awesome materials to do this with. I'll post some pictures once I have it all done.
wink.png
And then it's off to the green house for some much needed gardening time. There are soils to be mixed and starter flats to be prepared! And to think! I'll have about three whole days (maybe more
fl.gif
) in which to get it done without DH & DGD under foot, wanting to know when dinner is going to be...............
lol.png
Oh how I do love my spring projects time!!!
wee.gif

Sad news today... I woke up this morning to find my last silkied ameraucana dead in the brooder... I think it had something to do with the yolk absorption, it was hard around where the cord and yolk would have been... no signs of infection... just hard?

Thanks everyone... I was heartbroken... it didn't seem like it was not feeling well, either.. just came outta no where. But the other one is still doing great, still an odd color... I will post more pics in a few days.

I also just shipped the January 9th cockrel to upintheholler. He made the trip just fine, so hopefully that will help her get her breeding project off and running.

clap.gif
Well there you go, one prolific roo can get you a flock of carriers in short order.
wink.png

fl.gif
He grows up to be fruitful and multiply.

Back
Top Bottom