Silkie Feathered Ameraucanas adventure

Quote:
Thank you for checking that skin color for me, I need to get my baby down and see if it has lightened any...

I have a very nice little blue ameraucana pullet that has my new cockerel's name all over her, I can't wait for them to both get old enough.... then that group of babies to get old enough.
smile.png
I just hatched out my first group of BBS ameraucana babies a couple days ago.. They are not from great colored eggs, but the next group to hatch are... I will probably be going with those babies. They are also split lavs, I have a gorgeous lavender am roo to use if I am lucky enough for that first silkied chick to be a girl.

Quote:
I'm anxious to see the results of this experiment also! Tell Ozzie to be easy on the girls now! LOL

How are my sweet girls doing? Are they using their manners, and behaving themselves? They really are a couple sweeties!

My whole family loves those two silkie girls. We call them Cottonball and Prissy. We've been putting them out in the yard to forage when we are outside with them. I'm going to move Ozzie in with them tonight and watch him closely. I may move him in and out for a few days to make sure he's not mean. He is about twice the size of the girls and he can be a bully. If he doesn't work out, I'll try the other rooster.

Quote:
My blue/black ameraucana chicks are all doing great. Can't wait for them to grow up.

You are lucky to have the lavender am. I can't wait to see some of the fluffy chicken in different colors.

Julie

Add another puzzling piece to this mystery.

I need to upload pictures still, but my solo chick is looking very lady-like, but also very splash. Coloring is what it should be. How did Upintheholler get a cream bird?

Back
Top Bottom