Silkie Feathered Ameraucanas adventure

pictures, pictures, pictures....*chanting*.....we need an update. please.........
big_smile.png

No new pictures from me - but an update of sorts: about 11 weeks old now, and my solo male chick's body feathers are starting to come in very soft!! Wing feathers still leave a lot to be desired (ropey/stringy still) but YAY!

Had a poor BBS Ameraucana hatch due to a power outage, but ended up with 7 little fuzzy butts! (1 splash, 2 blue and 4 black.) Ordered another doz+ eggs to arrive next week, so
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Not too much to report here. My internet has been down most of the week courtesy of a lightning strike. I've got about half my network back up and running. The 6 black AM chicks I picked up a couple weeks ago are doing fine despite the never-ending rain and chill. Hatch in progress on the black split lav AM eggs. 6 went to lockdown, 3 have hatched, 1 is zipping, nothing yet on the last 2.

Oh Kathy, they are beautiful. And those are wonderful pictures! Mine are starting to get an attitude and jumping around more--standing their ground. Before they were alway the quiet, corner keepers.

How are the personalities on yours? They look fiesty!

Oh Kathy, they are beautiful. And those are wonderful pictures! Mine are starting to get an attitude and jumping around more--standing their ground. Before they were alway the quiet, corner keepers.

How are the personalities on yours? They look fiesty!

Mine are pretty quiet, too. Actually, I find it quite curious how they all 3 stick together. They are in a group of about 35 or so, and they all 3 stay together, the Buckeyes stay together, and the Delawares .... well they are all over the place!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom