Silkie Feathered Ameraucanas adventure

pictures, pictures, pictures....*chanting*.....we need an update. please......... They must be about 20 weeks right? Then you have another set around 17 weeks right....I've lost track.

thumbsup.gif

I didn't post these pictures before, because they aren't very good. I will try to get some better ones.

This is my oldest girl (taken July 2). She is now 24 weeks old.

31282_july22010_119.jpg

One of the older roosters....

31282_july22010_111.jpg

The other rooster ....

31282_july22010_113.jpg

They are not yet mating nor laying. I have 2 Ameraucanas (1 blue laying, 1 black near point of lay), penned with them. I will get a better picture tomorrow of them.

31282_july22010_123.jpg

My younger 3 are 2 females and 1 male. I think they were hatched late March or early April (by Julie).

31282_july6_2010_pic_167.jpg

Those are nice pictures Kathy! I had some chicks born March 31st and more born April 9th, but I failed to mark them and put them all together. So I'm not sure which babies were which.

My January hens still have not started laying. They are 26 weeks old, and their combs are still not very red yet. Last year my two older hens didn't start laying until almost 8 months old.

he.gif

Quote:
I hatched 4. Three roosters (one with standard comb) and one pullet. I sold the standard comb boy and another boy, and kept one rooster and the pullet. Last week the pullet drowned in a bucket of water. All I have now is the one rooster ....

31282_july6_2010_pic_168.jpg

aww sorry about the pullet...but you have a really nice looking roo there. The roo I was growing out was killed a couple weeks ago. Figures because I sold all his hatch mates now I'm left with a couple lav hens and a couple split lavs. I think the predators know which ones to go for...in your case that darn bucket of water knew what it was doing.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom