Silkie gender?

rosyamanda2000

In the Brooder
Aug 15, 2015
Twin Falls, ID
Ok, i have 4 silkies, all 12.5 weeks old. So far, i have 2 roos and one pullet. The fourth i cannot decide. "She" is and has been the biggest of the four. She developed a nice round crest early on but lately I have noticed what i fear may be streamers. Photos were taken this evening.

Thank you for the help!!!

Young Silkies are notoriously hard to sex even for experienced chicken owners, but I don't see anything screaming cockerel so I'm thinking you have a pullet. :eek:)

Oh, that would make me so happy!!! So you guys don't think those look like streamers? I hatched her myself and had to assist a bit so I really dont want to get rid of her. Plus, I am apparently a roo magnet lately.
Thank you very much for your opinions! I will make sure to update when i know for sure one way or the other.

Oh, that would make me so happy!!! So you guys don't think those look like streamers? I hatched her myself and had to assist a bit so I really dont want to get rid of her. Plus, I am apparently a roo magnet lately.
Thank you very much for your opinions! I will make sure to update when i know for sure one way or the other.

You're welcome.

Back
Top Bottom