Silkie gender?

Ok, here's an update....I'm still unsure of this one's gender!!!! She has a very round and full crest but long dark feathers off the back that look like streamers. She is about 19 weeks and has small red wattles. She is quite a bit bigger than her sister (definitely a hen). She acts like a hen but has long shiny neck feathers like the boys. I took new pics tonight but they were already tucked in for the night so i couldn't get any good body shots.

Ok, i was able to get better pics today

Hackle feathers

Dont mind my oegb in this one, lol

Aside from the large crest, i see more similarities between her and my male (same age) than her and my girl (also same age). I worry that the difference in crest could be due to the vaulted skull? Both my boys are not vaulted; this one and the girl are vaulted.
Does everyone still think she's a pullet???

Thats all boy, pullets dont get streamers and his are definitely making themselves know. Bearded birds don't get large wattles, as the bearding suppresses them, even on males. None of my hens, even the mature egg laying girls, have red wattles.

He's pretty, and would probably make lovely babies if paired with a nice, dark skinned female :)

I just wanted to post an update. We still haven't seen a crow or egg, but he is very clearly not going to be laying any eggs!

Thanks to everyone for your input!!!!

Back
Top Bottom