*Silkie Mama* New member from Maine!

vampyrdame

Chirping
Oct 25, 2023
Maine
Need silkie sexing advice if anyone wants to help!!!!!! *Link to separate thread below*
View my thread here:thumbsup

Attachments

• IMG_2349.jpeg
    IMG_2349.jpeg
    185.5 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2352.jpeg
    IMG_2352.jpeg
    223.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2696.jpeg
    IMG_2696.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2697.jpeg
    IMG_2697.jpeg
    275.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2767.jpeg
    IMG_2767.jpeg
    483.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

It's hard to know in the pictures but the buff/reddish one is the only one I would say at this point was a male. It appears there are no "streamers" on the necks of the others but hard to tell via the comb in the pictures. It doesn't help that they have such poofy heads, but the "walnut-like" dark comb is still usually a tell-tale sign of a roo. Beautiful birds you have!

Hiya, and welcome to BYC!! :frow

It's hard to know in the pictures but the buff/reddish one is the only one I would say at this point was a male. It appears there are no "streamers" on the necks of the others but hard to tell via the comb in the pictures. It doesn't help that they have such poofy heads, but the "walnut-like" dark comb is still usually a tell-tale sign of a roo. Beautiful birds you have!
The one in question I actually created a separate thread about (the splash silkie) linked above in my original post. TYSM!!!!

The buff you mentioned is my Red Satin rooroo, Mooney. He is is a strictly business kind of guy and offers excellent mugshots AHEM, I mean headshots.

Attachments

• IMG_2746.jpeg
    IMG_2746.jpeg
    663.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_2767.jpeg
    IMG_2767.jpeg
    483.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
The one in question I actually created a separate thread about (the splash silkie) linked above in my original post. TYSM!!!!

The buff you mentioned is my rooster, Mooney. He is a strictly business kind of guy and offers excellent mugshots AHEM, I mean headshots.
So adorable! ❤

Back
Top Bottom