Silkie not eating

If she's not foraging and you're providing her with all these other things she will be less included to eat her normal feed.

Stop the extras and only provide her normal feed and see if she will begin eating normally.

Active, crop emptying and acting like herself - doesn't sound like she's in too bad of shape to me.
So i decided to check my eater egger to make sure she was completely healthy and I think she may still have it. She is slightly mouth breathing and she does have a slight runny nose but no noise to be heard when she breaths through her mouth. Comb is a healthy color and dhe is eating and pooping. What can I do? To treat her so my silkie doesnt catch this? I don't have anymore medicine from the vet they had given me polyflex snd amoxicillin.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231205_195052_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231205_195052_Gallery.jpg
    338.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
So i decided to check my eater egger to make sure she was completely healthy and I think she may still have it. She is slightly mouth breathing and she does have a slight runny nose but no noise to be heard when she breaths through her mouth. Comb is a healthy color and dhe is eating and pooping. What can I do? To treat her so my silkie doesnt catch this? I don't have anymore medicine from the vet they had given me polyflex snd amoxicillin.
Does she have any lesions inside the beak?

Do you notice mucous or bubbles in the eyes?

What infection did the vet say she had? She improved/got better with the Amoxicillin and Polyflex?

For respiratory illness like Mycoplasma, you can use Tylan/Tylosin or Tiamulin to treat symptoms. Amoxicillin will not treat MG since it has no cell wall.

For other infections, Amoxicillin may be appropriate, so it would be a good idea to know what you are trying to treat.

Does she have any lesions inside the beak?

Do you notice mucous or bubbles in the eyes?

What infection did the vet say she had? She improved/got better with the Amoxicillin and Polyflex?

For respiratory illness like Mycoplasma, you can use Tylan/Tylosin or Tiamulin to treat symptoms. Amoxicillin will not treat MG since it has no cell wall.

For other infections, Amoxicillin may be appropriate, so it would be a good idea to know what you are trying to treat.
All they told me was that she had a resperatory infection that could be bacterial or fungal. I couldnt afford to test her so they gave me both medications to give her. The mucus is coming from her nostrils. Her beak looks fine it looked like this. She did get better with these medicines because she started eating after her first round of vaccines and she was in really bad shape she was underweight and i had to vaccinate her 3 times a day for a whole week with the oral antibiotic .however she didn't mouth breath like this she had a runny nose and head shakes. Her eyes are normal.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231205_212959_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231205_212959_Gallery.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Hi everyone I'm not sure if my silkie caught the same thing as my Easter egger. But my Easter egger is back to normal. My silkie has not been eating but has been drinking a little bit she does not havd a impacted crop or sour crop. I am currently force feeding her and she digests it and has a at crop in the morning. Her poop came out today like water and like normal wet poop which I found weird because it's winter. Here it has been hot really cold for here at night up to 45F and here it is rarely cold. Why isn't she eating? Maybe weather? I really don't know. idk if she could be cold and the weather is taking a toll on her. What are your guys thoughts? She is going to be 2 years old in March. She otherwise isn't showing any other symptom.
Silkies can be very finicky. They also can get vitamin deficient really easily.

Hi sorry for bothering you but the medicine just arrived should she just be drinking the antibiotics all day for 7 days or do I force some ml into her and have her drink normal water.
She needs to drink the medicated water as the sole source of water for 7 days.
If you see she's not drinking the medicated water very well, you can substitute 1/4 to 1/2 of the water with unsweetened juice to see if that make it more palatable.

1702093132300.png

Back
Top Bottom