silkie seramas a breed of their own???

elainag

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 15, 2011
hey yall!!! i have a question about the "silkie seramas" i dot know if they are a breed of their own, or a mix between a silkie and a serama?

can anybody share their knowledge with me??

i only saw them once at a breeders home, he wouldnt sell them though

i fell in love with them little things immediately, but havent been able to find anyone that sell them...

and i dont want to get cheated on, cus someone tried to sell me a cross from a silkie and a serama for 30 bucks each!!!

so before i buy, i would like to know.

it's just a mutation that came out of seramas... the same as frizzle... since serama are genetic soup, they keep coming out with more and more traits out of nowhere... such as, booted/feathered feet, rosecombs, and i heard someone had a naked neck serama... i didn't here it here, but i saw it on another forum somewhere... i'll have to look for it again to make sure, so don't quote me on that...

Good quality silkie seramas are pretty expensive....more than $30 for sure. Most seramas are more than $30. Don't quote me, but that has been what I have found out around where i live.

btw, don't buy mixed for that much cash... i will never buy a mixed ornamental chicken for more than 5 dollars myself... unless it's a sex link, or egg/meat bird... then maybe... but yeah... that's dumb... some serama breeders give non-show quality serama away...

also... silkie seramas are very expensive... i will like to own one, but they are too expensive for me right now... the cheapest i've seen them locally were like 150 a pair... too much money for so little bird... LOL... they're gorgeous, but man... but i do see that they are worth the moneys... and i guess they will pay themselves off if the hen lays... but it will take me forever to make the money back... i'm so cheap... LOL...

Here are some of my silkie seramas. Silkie seramas are a mutuation and Gumbii was right on!!
thumbsup.gif

44552_dsc06028.jpg

44552_dsc06038.jpg

This one here is a silkie and frizzle from juliette
44552_dsc06063.jpg

here is my pair of silkied seramas, the rooster is also frizzled.
38899_100_1536.jpg

here is their kid that is also a frizzled silkie and a LF frizzle cochin both were born on the same day
38899_100_1651.jpg

Nice Seramas!! I have been doing some research on Seramas as I wanted to add a couple to my collection of chickens (13 to be exact..) But the more
I find about the breed the more I would be very skeptical on buying from just anyone.
I am also from MN and to find a Serama around here is like seeing a lizard sunbathing in the wild...
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom