silkie showing

I don't know off hand, but I'm sure you can find it by google searching showing silkies and looking at the APA site for the silkie breed. I believe they define it all there. American vs European standards are different though so keep an eye out on where the site comes from.

it is slightly diffrent for the coloring of the breed if you tell me the plumage color of your bird i'll try and look it up for you

toeseperation.JPG

Toes are pretty important. They should look like the one pictured above. Most of mine that I'm selling (pet quality only!!) have the fourth toe attached to the 5th rather then the foot its self. They aren't hatchery birds, they were just bred by someone who didn't care about quality. A lot of people overlook the feet when buying a Silkie, my advise, don't!! Pay for good quality birds and you won't be like me, selling out everything and re-buying better birds. IMO it's better to spend the money on an adult or juvenile that you know looks good the risk it on eggs or chicks....even though I'll be getting some blue babies in a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom