Silkie x Frizzle project.

rocasocks

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 28, 2011
Nelson, Vic - Australia
Last October I get a little Silkie x Frizzle rooster, simly because I wanted a frizzle.

That's him, Mr Noodle.

Totally wrong coloured skin and no feathers on his feet.

I have some pure Silkie hens and since they were his size, he bred with them (he still liked to try with the larger hens too). Out of a couple dozen eggs I got three frizzled chicks.

Chick 1 - Five toes, blue-grey skin, silkie comb, smallish crest. Thinking this one may be a pullet.

Chick 2 - Five toes, dark skin, straight comb, large-ish crest. Definitely a cockerel.

Chick 3 (a week or so younger than the other 2) - Five toes, blue-grey skin, silkie comb, nice sized crest. Unsure of sex.

All have lightly feathered feet.

My plan for my Silkie x Frizzles is for them to look like Sikies (5 toes, feathered feet, black skin, silkie comb, decent-large crests) but also be Frizzled.

Anyone have any tips on improving them?

take the chicks back to pure silkies to make more sizzles (which is what these are called) look for the sizzle thread they could help you out more

Last edited:
by all means do not breed frizzles together.

you would have to back breed to silkies to get the silked feathers. these are called sizzles weather they have normal feathers or silkied feathers

Back
Top Bottom