Silkie

bgill1215

Chirping
Mar 23, 2020
I have one silkie with the rest of my flock. Everyone else is 8-10 weeks. My silkie will be 7 weeks on Saturday. Currently they are in the barn brooder with a heat plate. At 7 weeks will my silkie be ok in the coop? 50-60 during the day and mid to low 40s at night it'll reach 30s next week during the night but she'll be 8 weeks then. Does a week really make that much of a difference? I plan on giving extra bedding but there won't be any heat source.
20200422_133824.jpg

I have one silkie with the rest of my flock. Everyone else is 8-10 weeks. My silkie will be 7 weeks on Saturday. Currently they are in the barn brooder with a heat plate. At 7 weeks will my silkie be ok in the coop? 50-60 during the day and mid to low 40s at night it'll reach 30s next week during the night but she'll be 8 weeks then. Does a week really make that much of a difference? I plan on giving extra bedding but there won't be any heat source.
View attachment 2114552
She should do ok with other birds. Thing is if the roost is above the ground then she may not be able to get into it since silkies can’t fly or jump high.

She should do ok with other birds. Thing is if the roost is above the ground then she may not be able to get into it since silkies can’t fly or jump high.

I'm not super worried about that. We had silkies in this coop before. We have a ladder leading to a board below the roost so they just used that to jump to the roost :) I was just where'd about her getting too cold

Back
Top Bottom