Silkies Of A Different Color

Pics
Quote:
Beautiful baby, she's a KEEPER! She looks a lot like my girl. Sonoran said mine was gray, so I'm thinking your's should be gray too. I think I might have another gray baby. Can't tell just yet, I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Sweet little babies, and would love to do a pen of gray silkies. this chick came from a rooster of many colors that jumped every pen I had. Most of the chicks I hatched at that time were all partridge looking. I kept two that had the most gray in them, one boy and one girl. I'm not sure what I will do with these two maybe keep the girl and put her in my white pen or mabe a gray rooster will come knocking at my door, we will see. I don't think she is true gray, her head is dark and she has some brown in her wings. The little boy is going to look just like there dad but great wings. He looks like a girl except girls don't have that much color on them.

My experience with grays is just like Partridge..varying in shades of color-dark(too much black), medium(even tones)
smile.png
and light(too much white).

She looks like a girl to me too. I did have a nice gray boy two years back and know where to put him at the time.
he was young in this picture but still a boy.
26449_dsc02892.jpg

Back
Top Bottom