Silkies Of A Different Color

Pics
Quote:
Doesn't look like a Partridge to me. Some sort of mix maybe?

I think my flip-footed rooster is a Partridge--or so I was told by the breeder. I got him for free because of his foot.
27873_silkie_lou_1.jpg

I was hoping somebody could tell me the color of these silkies.They came from a white roo and black hen. They look almost like dark purple bluish color. Can not be lavender due to the parents lacking the lavender genes .
this is the older one.

Maybe could be some shade of blue but what?

I didn't post my white roo but he is snow white ,so white he shines
smile.png
. Could it be that maybe he is a deluted splash ? There are no spots or any other color in him so it never crossed my mind but it would make sense.
I was thinking blue also but they stay that pretty shade and don't look like the blues I am use to seeing. Thanks for answering my question.

riane'smimi :

I didn't post my white roo but he is snow white ,so white he shines
smile.png
. Could it be that maybe he is a deluted splash ?

that is very possible if the one's breed for it.. OR... he could be a recessive white and was Blue underneath ? that's also a possibility. did you hatch a hen?​

riane'smimi :

I didn't hatch either parent but had bought them last spring. The hen is black but not jet black.She appears to have a greyish undercoat

very little though just on her back side.
Does this mean that if I breed my roo to my white pullet this coming spring that I wll not get whites?​

Quote:
He hatched like that but she didn't notice it until t was too late to tape it. Poor little guy! He tries hard to do his roosterly duties, but he just can't do it. The hens assume the position and he can't ride. I really need to find him a place as a pet, but who keeps pet chickens?

Quote:
He hatched like that but she didn't notice it until t was too late to tape it. Poor little guy! He tries hard to do his roosterly duties, but he just can't do it. The hens assume the position and he can't ride. I really need to find him a place as a pet, but who keeps pet chickens?

He's a beautiful bird
smile.png
. You would be surprised how many people keep them as pets

Back
Top Bottom