Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 796 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
Cinder at 4 months old.
0718191515.jpg
0718191516.jpg

The woman called today who was wanting to photograph my Silkies and she was lovely.

She told me the circumstances and reasoning behind it and I'm honestly really happy to be part of it. I'm sure it'll make the young girls day! Not what I was expecting at all but I'm glad!

So, she's asked if dyeing one would be a possibility and I'm happy to do so, depending on how long it takes to wash out of the feathers.

@MysteryChicken how long does it take for the food colouring to wash out of your chickens?

As long as it's washed out by march next year I'm happy to do it.

The woman called today who was wanting to photograph my Silkies and she was lovely.

She told me the circumstances and reasoning behind it and I'm honestly really happy to be part of it. I'm sure it'll make the young girls day! Not what I was expecting at all but I'm glad!

So, she's asked if dyeing one would be a possibility and I'm happy to do so, depending on how long it takes to wash out of the feathers.

@MysteryChicken how long does it take for the food colouring to wash out of your chickens?

As long as it's washed out by march next year I'm happy to do it.
I've never washed the food dye out of silkie feathers yet, I just let it fade away over time. It should come out of the feathers pretty easily with Dawn dish soap, & warm water. The ingredient that makes food dye stick is corn syrup.

I've never washed the food dye out of silkie feathers yet, I just let it fade away over time. It should come out of the feathers pretty easily with Dawn dish soap, & warm water. The ingredient that makes food dye stick is corn syrup.

Ah that's alright then!

I think possibly after a couple of washes then it should come out :fl

Back
Top Bottom