Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
This is Bill. He is the roo I want to breed most. I wish my camera could capture those gold tones in his coat accurately. I named the guy because his bill is a bit deformed.

Attachments

• IMG_4928.JPG
    IMG_4928.JPG
    435.8 KB · Views: 9
This is Bill. He is the roo I want to breed most. I wish my camera could capture those gold tones in his coat accurately. I named the guy because his bill is a bit deformed.
I can see the gold tone. It's real faint, but it's there.
I have dominate white silkies that have color leakage that I want to breed into the offspring.

Standard sized silkies? Or you keep other LF breeds as well? I'm not trying to be a snob but silkies come in one size unless I am wrong and that is bantams.

Please internet correct me here.
Here's a couple of my standards compared to a bantam silkie.
0703191451.jpg
0703191454.jpg
They're all 13-14 weeks old in these pictures.

They come in all 3 sizes, bantam, mid-sized, and standard, or LF.
Ok well mine are all what I would call bantams. Males around one kilo, females about 800 grams. This is news to me that there is more than a single weight class to them, but then again if you cross them with other chicken you get different results. My flock is crossed with Cochin Bantams, so I can't speak I do not posses pure silkies.

@Texas Kiki do you mind phoning a friend on the SOP for me? I was 100% certain they have only one size classification.

I would challenge you to look up the SOP though. Mine have horrible combs, most fail on feathering.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom