Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
I wonder what a Yokohama x Silkie would look like...particularly a rooster!

Someone that bought Silkie chicks off me has that breed so maybe I'll find out in the future if they cross them.
I've wondered what that cross would look like also.

One of my gold partridge growouts has turned out more gold than gold partridge :confused:

Strange how gold it is...

058ca2bc-d02b-4f86-8107-e0fa38a591fc.jpg

776716c9-286d-430e-9906-e00daedd4f47.jpg

41fc3f73-3d10-4015-99f3-f9300c7de8db.jpg

One of my gold partridge growouts has turned out more gold than gold partridge :confused:

Strange how gold it is...

View attachment 1952488
View attachment 1952489
View attachment 1952487

Aww what a pretty little one, it certainly does have a lot of gold! :love

How the little partridge color chicks turn out is so interesting I had this little one pop out of some paint silkie eggs I bought and I thought with the wild type markings around the eyes/head she'd turn out like some kind of partridge...

dark partridge chick.jpg

but nope this is her now, I guess just some sort of mix that looks closer to blue. :lol:

partridgeish.jpg

I had two others hatch from those same eggs that looked more partridgy as chicks (here is one of them, they both looked about the same).

partridge chick.jpg

And here they are now, they definitely turned out closer to how I expected they might. :)

partridge robin girl.jpg

roachback partridge.jpg

Aww what a pretty little one, it certainly does have a lot of gold! :love

How the little partridge color chicks turn out is so interesting I had this little one pop out of some paint silkie eggs I bought and I thought with the wild type markings around the eyes/head she'd turn out like some kind of partridge...

View attachment 1952533

but nope this is her now, I guess just some sort of mix that looks closer to blue. :lol:

View attachment 1952535

I had two others hatch from those same eggs that looked more partridgy as chicks (here is one of them, they both looked about the same).

View attachment 1952538

And here they are now, they definitely turned out closer to how I expected they might. :)

View attachment 1952539
View attachment 1952540

Wow they're all very pretty! :love

It is strange how chicks can look one colour when they hatch then they feather in a totally different colour! That's what happened with that gold partridge that looks good.

I love your blue type coloured Silkie! :D

Wow they're all very pretty! :love

It is strange how chicks can look one colour when they hatch then they feather in a totally different colour! That's what happened with that gold partridge that looks good.

I love your blue type coloured Silkie! :D

Thank you! :)

Yeah I love watching the ones who change a lot as they grow, it's nice to get surprises sometimes. :D

Back
Top Bottom