Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 795 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
@HuffleClaw, here's updated pictures of Blue. He's OEGB X Phoenix. He's the one you made fun of me about which wasn't nice in the Pied Genes In Chickens thread.View attachment 1960175 View attachment 1960176 Here's PipSqueak my Ancona bantam at 5 1/2 months old.View attachment 1960177
This isn’t an "all others breeds thread"... and is solely a silkie thread. But... several have gotten it off topic so I rarely even post here anymore. :idunno

Never made fun of you, but did state that he wasn’t a pure OEGB... which, he is not. You don’t get purebred chickens out of barnyard mix eggs.

While we are already off-topic, might as well point out that PipSqueak isn’t a pure Ancona bantam. She also came from Barnyard mix eggs so... not a pure breed. She is mixed. Ancona bantams are currently not available in the US, as far as I know. Here is what an Ancona bantam should look like:
Notice the overall shape, comb size, and earlobe color ~
1062DA88-7477-4132-B583-03A72CECE4C2.jpeg

hello! I am currently looking for
While we are already off-topic, might as well point out that PipSqueak isn’t a pure Ancona bantam. She also came from Barnyard mix eggs so... not a pure breed. She is mixed. Ancona bantams are currently not available in the US, as far as I know. Here is what an Ancona bantam should look like:
View attachment 1960194
what a beautiful mottel!:jumpy its very sharp and full without blur and lack of lacing!
is this a silkie site? if so hello!:frow I'm new, and would love to meet all the awesome BYC people!
silkie.png
silkie.jpg

This isn’t an "all others breeds thread"... and is solely a silkie thread. But... several have gotten it off topic so I rarely even post here anymore. :idunno

Never made fun of you, but did state that he wasn’t a pure OEGB... which, he is not. You don’t get purebred chickens out of barnyard mix eggs.
We still post Silkie pictures if we have any.

With barnyard mixes, you can get both purebreds, & mixed breeds from them. Its the mystery behind the chick that hatches, that makes it fun.
You did make fun of me, by edit quoting my post to say something I didn't say, with a LoL as a reply which I still find rude.
Plus, the thing you said about how you can't make purebreds by mixing isn't 100% true, cuz all purebred lines started with a mix, no purebred began as pure at the beginning of a breeding project/program.

A mixed breed will remain a mixed breed if it's not bred to be a purebred.

View attachment 1960194
Mayer hatchery sells Ancona standards. Not sure if they're still available.

View attachment 1960194
I'm not arguing about Pipsqueak. That's a black, not a blue, blues have white legs.

Back
Top Bottom