Silkies - They’re simply SPECTACULAR!

Trying to get a head-count on silkie lovers...

• ME! - I like silkies!

Votes: 794 96.0%
  • ^

Votes: 96 11.6%

• Total voters
To everyone on this Silkie thread, I just want to say Thankyou to you all for just generally being so nice and just enjoying Silkies as a breed :) non of you nit pick or target anyone out. If someone wins something, you all just say well done, not fire 'insults' about the birds and how they aren't right for showing.

Elsewhere I've recently had people putting my birds down saying they shouldn't win or they aren't good enough for breeding or haven't been judged by a proper judge etc...

Some people can be lovely, but others so damn right disrespectful/judgemental without actually ever seeing my birds in person.

I apologise to people who think my birds aren't good enough to win but unfortunately I'm not the one that judges them :hmm

My Silkies are literally my only hobby/passion and I do my best with them as i'm sure most of you do too. Having people constantly trying to bring you down is irritating and pretty hurtful.
:hugs you know, speaking from my experience in the cattle shed, those that speak down on your champions are usually jealous because they themselves didn't breed such a champion. There are some beautiful souls in the showing world, but there are also monsters that thrive on tearing others to shreds. As you said, at the end of the day it's the judges decision so if they have a problem with anyone it should be the judge. You've done a spectacular job with your breeding program and you are breeding for the traits you want, you are doing awesome!:love

:hugs you know, speaking from my experience in the cattle shed, those that speak down on your champions are usually jealous because they themselves didn't breed such a champion. There are some beautiful souls in the showing world, but there are also monsters that thrive on tearing others to shreds. As you said, at the end of the day it's the judges decision so if they have a problem with anyone it should be the judge. You've done a spectacular job with your breeding program and you are breeding for the traits you want, you are doing awesome!:love

Thankyou very much :hugs

When you've said about the cattle shed, my Mam also just told me about when she used to show her dogs many years back, people would purposely sabotage her dogs. Sometimes people have even had dogs poisoned by others at shows which is disgusting.

Taking their jealousy out on the animals is worse than taking it out on the owner. It goes to show are people really in it for the general love of keeping and breeding the animals or are they just in it for the money and popularity :confused:

It's true what you say, if they have an issue, they may as well contact the judge and ask them why they chose my birds rather than taking it out on me.

I love my birds and no matter what anyone says I always will. However, I can kinda brush things off like this and just carry on doing what I'm aiming for. When people come running though I'll always remember :rolleyes:

I've had quite a few people give positive comments saying that there is always someone out there that wants to bring you down but that my birds are lovely and to carry on doing what I love. It's very true what they say :)

I'm going to pause my Crele Silkie project until I can get cuckoo Silkies, since I can't find any.

I'm going to produce Non-Fighting Ornimental Muff Games instead, since many people love rare GameFowl, but don't want aggression towards themselves, or their chickens. I'm gonna use a combo with my Red JungleFowl X Maran/GameFowl cross X Red JungleFowl X Easter Egger. That's how I'm going to breed them.

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

:oops:

I'm going to pause my Crele Silkie project until I can get cuckoo Silkies, since I can't find any.

I'm going to produce Non-Fighting Ornimental Muff Games instead, since many people love rare GameFowl, but don't want aggression towards themselves, or their chickens. I'm gonna use a combo with my Red JungleFowl X Maran/GameFowl cross X Red JungleFowl X Easter Egger. That's how I'm going to breed them.

I don't have an awful lot of knowledge on other breeds but I hope it goes well for you :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom